Tourism Development & Guest Services Manager
Location: Graniteville, VT
Position: Full Time
Are you a passionate and energetic leader who thrives on inspiring your team to deliver extraordinary guest experiences? Does your background in hospitality, recreation or other consumer-driven industry give you the confidence and know-how to successfully lead a 5+ person team overseeing tour operations while tackling established marketing objectives? If so, we have the perfect full-time position for you!
- Responsible for growing the number of guests who visit the Rock of Ages Visitor Center as well as building brand awareness.
- Oversee Visitor Center administration of the Visitor Center budget, generating reports, managing inventory levels and tracking expenditures.
- Development of new thematic tour experiences, as well as create the strategy to market those experiences to the public and/or tour operators.
- Responsible for building and managing photo asset library for use in promotional materials for the tourism sector. Identify photo needs and coordinate photoshoots with influencers and business partners.
- Recruit, train, motivate and manage tour guides.
- Attend and coordinate networking events with area tourism affiliates and coach tour organizations.
- Coordinate and host special events at the Rock of Ages Visitor Center.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing, coordinating/hosting events
- 3-5 years previous business management experience
- Hospitality & tourism industry experience a plus but not necessary
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and think critically
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include some Saturdays (during foliage)
- Previous success leading a team to deliver excellent guest service
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships within the community and act as an ambassador in one-on-one/or public situations
- Able to lift objects up to 50 lbs, sit, stand, bend over, kneel
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Counterpoint POS, not required but experience is a plus)
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with the desire to run a business, have a passion for the travel and hospitality industry, a strong marketing background, with focus on ensuring that every guest has a memorable experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
• 401K with generous match
• Medical coverage
• Dental coverage
• Vision care coverage
• Paid time-off
• Incentive bonuses
• Flexible spending accounts
• Employee Assistance Plan
• Employee life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
• Disability insurance