Location: Graniteville, Vermont
Position: Full Time
About Rock of Ages - A Polycor Inc. Company
Polycor Inc. is the world’s leading natural stone quarrier and its core mission is to make people fall in love with natural stone. Our world-class reputation comes from a great legacy of stonework on historical landmarks, institutional, commercial, and residential projects. Polycor’s team includes nearly 1,300 people working at over 50 quarries and 20 manufacturing plants across North America and Europe.
Why Rock of Ages
- Job stability – Our Graniteville site has been in operation since 1885 and offers year-round stability and opportunities for our team.
- Training – We offer training that will advance your knowledge, skills, and abilities within the industry.
- Advancement & Career Opportunities – We hire and promote from within. Many of our Leads, Foremen, Managers, and Supervisors have grown and chosen to advance their careers with Rock of Ages.
- Benefits – Our comprehensive medical, dental, vision, retirement – 401k matching, and other benefit offerings are industry leading. Employees who already have health insurance may opt-out and may be eligible for up to an extra $4,800 annually.
- Using a 5 to 10 pound hammer in conjunction with a steel chisel to produce desired finish, ensures dimensions are correct using a tape measure and/or template, records production metrics using tracking system, uses drills and other power tools to meet specifications related to dimensions and finish, keeps work area clean by shoveling waste stone material into waste bins, and occasionally uses overhead cranes to move product.
Note: Drug screening and Background checks are part of pre-employment process.