Maintenance Technician Job Description
Location: Vermont, USA
Position: Full Time
We have an opening for the position of maintenance technician to join our production team at Rock of Ages. Our craftsmen and craftswomen extract, cut and transform stone to create beautiful granite products for our valued customers in the U.S. and abroad.
We are looking to add a member to our Maintenance Team who will contribute to maintaining facility equipment in top-quality condition to ensure the efficient operation of the machinery. Responsible for repairing and maintaining the equipment, this person will perform maintenance diagnoses and repairs, keeping safety practices, attention to detail, responsibility, and reliability as a top priority.
This job is varied and thrilling, involving solving problems and making things work on a daily basis. Join our family and fallin love with natural stone!
- Repairs and performs preventative maintenance of equipment and facilities including the diagnosis and repair ofmechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Performs PMs on all production equipment as assigned
- Performs routine safety inspections of shop equipment
- Helps maintain an inventory of parts and lubricants
- Maintains a clean and organized working area
- Follows all industry safety practices, fall protection, lock-out tag-out and NFP70E
- Performs other routine duties as assigned
- Maintenance Tech School Training and or on-the-job training is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing maintenance position
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Experience with motor controls and PLC trouble shooting is strongly preferred
- A working knowledge of, and an established reputation in, OSHA compliance matters
- Professionalism in a collaborative work environment
- Willing to work overtime, when required
- Fabrication, Welding, Manual Mill, and lathe experience is a plus
- Experience using maintenance management software a plus
Rock of Ages is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more about this position and to apply online, visit our website: www.rockofages.com or mail resume to: Rock of Ages, Attn: Dan Brown, 560 Graniteville Road, Graniteville, VT, 05654.