Location: Graniteville, VT
Position: Full Time
We have an opening for the position of Machinist to join our Maintenance team at Rock of Ages. Our craftsmen and craftswomen extract, cut and transform stone to create beautiful granite products for our valued customers in the U.S. and abroad.
We are looking to add a member to our maintenance team who will contribute to the operation of computers and machines that create precision parts used in manufacturing. The primary responsibility is to machine metal pieces according to production drawings for special parts or standard inserts. The candidate will also be involved in regular maintenance to ensure plant equipment remains operational.
Join our family and fall in love with natural stone!
• Review drawings to understand the requirements
• Take measurements and mark material for cutting
• Select appropriate machines to perform the job
• Monitor machine while working to adjust feed, cooling flow and prevent issues
• Perform quality control to ensure consistency with specification
• Perform routine machine maintenance and repairs on production equipment
• Vocational school or apprenticeship preferred
• Excellent dexterity and attention to detail
• Experience in using and programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (CNC, lathes, grinders, etc.)
• Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
• Ability to read blueprints and schematics
• Knowledge of metal properties
• This position requires long periods of standing
• The use of safety equipment such as safety glasses, steel toed shoes and hearing protection is utilized daily
• This is a 40 hours per week job with occasional overtime
To learn more about this position and to apply online, visit out website: www.rockofages.com or mail resume to: Rock of Ages, Attn: Rob Boulanger, 560 Graniteville Road, Graniteville, VT, 05654.