Location: Graniteville, Vermont
Position: Full Time
Rock of Ages, a Polycor Inc. Company, is seeking to hire a Human Resources Technician that excels in being a team player with a superb skill set. Beyond the technical qualifications of the position, it is important that the qualified individual demonstrate a character with strong family values and a willingness to build a solid working relationship with hands-on ownership.
This position supports the Human Resources team in all aspects of payroll, recruiting and general human resource programs, policies and procedures. Daily activities can be varied and routine in nature.
Maintaining good communication and a positive relationship with salaried and hourly team members to promote employee satisfaction.
- Acts as backup for payroll, timekeeping and related activities for the Human Resources team on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly cycle.
- Assist and backup benefit administration for the Human Resources Team including 401k, health, dental, vision, life benefits, etc.
- Learn and assist the Human Resources Team in the responsibility for adherence to payroll employment law, in addition to ensuring compliance with FMLA, ADA, FLSA and other applicable areas of employment law.
- Assist the Human Resources Department with audits related to benefits and payroll.
- Assist and backup in unemployment compensation earnings and issues.
- Help in coordinating for recruitment, redact and ensure job posting and performs interviews
- Performs other duties as necessary when directed to do so to support business needs.
Work Environment: On site in an office setting with individual office – possibility for some remote work
Education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Relevant experience is an asset Knowledge/Exposure to employment law
- Knowledge of compensation & benefits, employee relations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows to include Word, Outlook and must be proficient in Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Enjoys working with others and alone.