Memorial Sandblast Carver
The Memorial Sandblast Carver is responsible for sandblasting finishes and designs into quality, finished memorial stone products by performing the following duties.
Rock of Ages Manufacturing Division
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Operate computer controlled, automatic, and manual sandblast booths.
• Ensure dimensions are correct using a tape measure and/or template.
• Records production metrics using a bar code reader.
• Remove or add stencils during sandblasting to create differing cut depths, intricate designs, or rough, pitted finishes.
• Cut rubber matting on the surface of the stone with a small knife to expose the areas that will be sand carved.
• Carve shapes and letters into blank memorials using a sand carving machine which shoots abrasive at high velocity into the face of the exposed stone.
• Guide nozzles over stone, following stencil outlines, or work surfaces down to specified finishes.
• Load sandblasting equipment with abrasives, attach nozzles to hoses, and turn valves to admit compressed air and activate jets.
• Use paint guns and/or aerosol paint to add shadowing effects to sandblasted areas.
• Keeps work areas clean by shoveling waste stone material into waste bins.
• Basic mechanical aptitude for repairing minor issues and able to assist maintenance with other repairs.
• Review work to ensure quality requirements are met.
• Occasionally use overhead cranes to move product.
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
This position requires a minimum 2 years of memorial sandblasting experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, push and pull on conveyors, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Lifts over that amount will be assisted mechanically or with the help of another employee.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment and some dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
To apply online email your resume to cmartel@rockofages, or mail your resume to the address below.
Rock of Ages Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
560 Graniteville Road
Graniteville, VT 05654
Please send us your resume if you are interested in learning from the best, being challenged, and want to join a dynamic team with advancement opportunities. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be redirected to Polycor's Shop to order.