Location: Graniteville, Vermont
Position: Full Time
The Assistant Controller will apply accounting principles to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports as well as assist the Controller in all financial duties including budgeting, reporting, compliance, audits and accuracy of financials. The Assistant Controller will also assist in backup support for payroll and related reporting duties. This position is critical to produce accurate and timely financial information to managers and will play a key financial and administrative role.
• Assist division Controller overseeing accounting operations of the subsidiaries for which he or she is responsible.
• Assist in the preparation and analyzing of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
• Ensures application and adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
• Ensures quality and accuracy of monthly inventory reporting.
• Assist operations in the production of required production and management reports.
• Assists in preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
• Ensure compliance with reporting requirements for sales taxes and other taxes that may apply depending on the region (other than tax returns).
• Ensure compliance with the various contractual agreements (rental, royalties, etc.)
• Prepare audit files for the subsidiaries for which he or she is responsible.
• Assist in processing weekly payroll and related reporting.
• Other backup duties including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Maintain fixed asset database for multiple entities and ensures detail ties to the general ledger.
• Prepare work papers for internal and external audits.
• Provide backup duties for other accounting staff during absences.
• Protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 3 -5 years of relevant experience
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and Proficiency in Outlook
• Solid knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
• Flexibility and dependability to work extra hours especially during monthly, quarterly and annual close.
• Valid driver’s license for business travel, occasionally overnight.