Location: Barre, Vermont
Position: Full Time
The Assistant Controller reports to the Division Controller and assist in overseeing accounting operations for Rock of Ages Corporation and its subsidiaries. He / She applies accounting principles to record financial information and prepare financial reports as well as assist the Controller in financial duties including budgeting, financial reporting, and audits. This position plays a critical role in producing accurate and timely financial information to managers and company headquarters.
- Perform month-end close functions for assigned entities.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements.
- Calculate monthly inventory change for all divisions & ensure quality and accuracy.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset database for multiple entities and ensure its reconciliation to the general ledger.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of all entries and prepared reports.
- Assist operations in the compilation of required production and management reports.
- Compile financial data for our internal and external audits.
- Assist Controller in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Ensures application and adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with reporting requirements for sales taxes and other taxes that may apply depending on the region (other than tax returns).
- Ensure compliance with the various contractual agreements (rental, royalties, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years relevant experience is an asset
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- A "customer first" positive attitude and team player.
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with consistent accuracy.
- Thorough, organized, and detail oriented; able to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Independent judgment is necessary to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload
- Discreet in all matters
We want to meet you
Please send us your resume if you are interested in learning from the best, being challenged, and want to join a dynamic team with advancement opportunities.
Email Your Resume To:
To Apply By Mail:
369 N. State Street Concord, NH 03301
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.