Location: Barre, Vermont
Position: Full Time
The Assistant Controller reports to the Division Controller and assist in overseeing accounting operations for Rock of Ages Corporation and its subsidiaries. He / She applies accounting principles to record financial information and prepare financial reports as well as assist the Controller in financial duties including budgeting, financial reporting, and audits. This position plays a critical role in producing accurate and timely financial information to managers and company headquarters.
- Perform month-end close functions for assigned entities.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements.
- Calculate monthly inventory change for all divisions & ensure quality and accuracy.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset database for multiple entities and ensure its reconciliation to the general ledger.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of all entries and prepared reports.
- Assist operations in the compilation of required production and management reports.
- Compile financial data for our internal and external audits.
- Assist Controller in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Ensures application and adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with reporting requirements for sales taxes and other taxes that may apply depending on the region (other than tax returns).
- Ensure compliance with the various contractual agreements (rental, royalties, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years relevant experience is an asset
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- A "customer first" positive attitude and team player.
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with consistent accuracy.
- Thorough, organized, and detail oriented; able to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Independent judgment is necessary to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload
- Discreet in all matters